Facial Rejuvenation with NO downtime
Fast track to healthier skin with the help of sonic technology
Aging Sucks! As we gain another year of wisdom we also gain some more of those fine lines, deeper wrinkles and age spots. We also reminisce about the nice hot vacations in the sun and those late nights out. These all do a number on your skin causing premature aging that may add decades to your chronological age. Bush Whacked Laser can help. We are the first to offer you the PicoWay Resolve Facial Rejuvenation Treatment in Edmonton!
- See improvement in fewer treatments for pigmentation, skin irregularities, textural irregularities and ‘signs of aging’
- Holographic Fractional Technology ensures precise, predictable and consistent treatment for all skin types (This technology along with its ultra-short pulses delivering acoustic waves rather than thermal energy into the dermis results in breaking up pigmentation and stimulates new collagen formation.)
- NO DOWNTIME treatment for pigmentation, skin rejuvenation and toning
- Gentle CO2 fractional alternative
PicoWay Resolve facial rejuvenation FAQ
What is the PicoWay Resolve Advantage?
The PicoWay resolve is remarkably innovative dual-wavelength picosecond laser from Syneron Candela. The dual wavelength allows for treatment to soften fine lines, wrinkles, freckles, birthmarks, brown spots, melasma, and other skin concerns on any skin type. The picosecond pulse on the PicoWay resolve is one trillionth of a second, which is 1000 times faster than the nanosecond pulse. When combined with its high peak power, the laser energy is delivered so rapidly that even the smallest pigment fragments will shatter, allowing the body to remove the particles much faster than nanosecond technology. With PicoWay technology, pigmentation is affected by not only selective photothermolysis, but also subsequent photo-acoustic shockwaves that result in caviation of the smallest pigmented particles, promoting phagocytosis, the body’s natiral elimination process. Additionally, the PicoWay Resolve uses holographic fractional technology enabling even energy distribution for consistent, effective treatments. These fractional treatments mean only a fraction of your skin is affected, leaving healthy skin untouched. The healthy tissue then sends messengers to the injured skin to promote healing, regeneration, and collagen formation.
What is the difference between photo-acoustic vs. photo-thermal?
With photo-acoustic, the laser energy is delivered so rapidly that even the smallest pigment fragments will shatter. For photo-thermal, the laser energy is delivered more slowly so that only the larger pigment fragments will shatter. Nanosecond lasers have proportionally more photo-thermal action, which heats the pigment and the surrounding tissue. The PicoWay’s picosecond technology delivers photo-acoustic peak power and shatters the pigment with little photo-thermal effect – thus ensuring that the surrounding tissue does not receive any heat.
Why is PicoWay Resolve the gentle CO2 fractional alternative?
Studies have shown that the PicoWay Resolve stimulates collagen in a similar manner as the more invasive C02 fractional treatment. Besides treating unwanted pigment, PicoWay Resolve encourages the production of new collagen by causing microscopic injuries in the deep layer of your skin. Your body’s rejuvenating mechanism will rush to heal, repair, and rebuild new skin cells. As collagen is created, the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is reduced. When compared to Fractional Resurfacing with C02RE, the PicoWay Resolve does not need lidocaine or regoinal blocks for pain management during treatment, and has a 2X faster treatment times with no downtime (C02RE has a downtime of 1 week).
Am I an candidate for PicoWay Resolve treatments?
The PicoWay Resolve can treat Fitzpatrick skin types I through VI. We recommend coming in for a consult to speak with one of our Bush Whacked Laser technicians. During the consult you will discuss your goals with your Bush Whacked Laser technician, ask questions, and do a skin assessment. During the skin assessment we will take a closer look at the areas of discolouration, fine lines, and irregularities. Your Bush Whacked Laser technician will then determine if you are a good candidate for PicoWay resolve treatments. If you are a good candidate, you will then be educated on the treatment and what type of results you can expect. If you decide you would like to start treatments, then your Bush Whacked Laser technician will do your initial diamond microdermabrasion treatment and book your PicoWay Resolve treatment in the following 2 week.s
How many sessions will I need?
The number of PicoWay Resolve treatments depends on your skin condition and treatment goals. Some concerns can be treated in a single session at Bush Wacked Laser, while others may require several visits spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. Typically we recommend one treatment for every decade of age.
Does the PicoWay Resolve treatment hurt?
Every individual is different, so pain varies from person to person. This also depends on the area being treated and the sensitivity of your skin. Generally, you can experience slight discomfort during the treatment, but there is no need for local anesthetic ointment. Pain medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen that thin blood and promote bleeding are not recommended.
What will my skin look like after treatment?
After the Quick procedure, you can return to normal activities. PicoWay Resolve is a “no downtime” procedure with just 8 to 36 hours to mild erythema (redness). There is little discomfort following the procedure, and makeup can be applied the next day.
Are there any side effects?
Patients will experience mild erythema (redness) immediately after for 8 to 36 hours following treatment. Occasionally, some patients may experience mild swelling and itchiness following the treatment, which can be treated with antihistamines or a topical hydrocortisone until it has subsided.
How long does each treatment take?
PicoWay Resolve treatments usually take 20-30 minutes to complete, and allows for up to 4-6 passes over the full face. Most clients like to add on neck or hand treatments, which will add to the treatment time.
Why is diamond microdermabrasion included as part of the Resolve treatment series?
Picoway Resolve treatments are done in a series 4 to 6 weeks apart. Prior to your Resolve treatment, your Bush Whacked Laser technician will do a diamond microdermabrasion treatment 2 weeks before so that your skin is exfoliated and fresh for your next treatment in the series. This will maximize the benefits by treating new skin. No matter how well we take care of our skin post any skin care treatment, sun exposure and aging can continue to cause changes in your skin. After you complete your series of PicoWay Resolve treatments, we also suggest coming in for periodic diamond microdermabrasion treatments to slough away dead skin cells and to help with pigmentation.
What conditions prevent me from qualifying for the PicoWay Resolve treatment?
- You cannot be treated if you have recently tanned skin. You must avoid the sun and tanning beds for 30 days prior to treatment. If you fail to avoid the sun, blisters and hypopigmentation/hyperpigmentation may occur. You must also avoid direct sun exposure for another month after treatment.
- Accutane therapy must be stopped 6 months prior.
- Fake tans must be stopped 2 weeks prior.
- History of photosensitivity to infrared light
- Acne breakout or infected areas cannot be treated.
- Seizure disorders
- Photosensitizing medications must be stopped 3-5 days prior.
- Medications and supplements: Iron supplements, anti-coagulation therapy, herbal supplements (i.e. ginkgo, ginseng, garlic, fish oil) may cause bruising more readily.
- Topical medications and skin care products (acids, glycolics, retinoids, AHA, BHA) must be discontinued 72 hours pre- and post-treatment.
- Poorly-controlled medical conditions: Must be evaluated by healthcare provider for medical clearance prior to treatment.
- Active skin infections: open wounds or skin that is infected cannot be treated.
- HSV 1 & 2: Cannot treat if active lesion(s) are present within the treatment area. Clients with history should bring prophylaxis prior to treatment as prescribed by their healthcare provider.
- Implanted medical devices: confsult healthcare provider before treatment if you have a pacemaker, cardioverters and other implantable devices.
- Must not have had fillers or botox in the last 90 days prior.
What happens during microdermabrasion?
The technician uses a handheld device that gently removes the top layer of skin, You may feel a sanding sensation, but this is not painful. After the treatment, aloe vera is applied.
What will I need to do after microdermabrasion?
You may need to apply a moisturizer or other skin care product at home.
Is there downtime?
You will not have downtime or a recovery period. Some patients’s skin turns pink or red. The skin can swell a bit. These side effects are similar to having a sunburn or windburn for a day or two.
When will I see results from microdermabrasion?
Most patients need a series of treatments combined with resolve treatments. After a series of treatments, patients usually say they have smoother skin and a more radiant complexion.